Ingredients (makes 8 big cookies)
– 120 g of flour
– 1 tsp of baking soda
– 60 g of rolled oats
– 120 g of salted butter (room temperature, cut into cubes)
– 100 g of light brown sugar
– 20 g of granulated sugar
– 1 tsp of vanilla powder
– 1 egg
– 80 g of dark chocolate
1. In a bowl, mix the flour, the baking soda and the oats and set aside.
2. In another big bowl, whisk the butter with the sugars and the vanilla (with a whisk or a stand mixer) for about 3 minutes. Add the egg and mix for another minute.
3. Add the oat/flour mixture and combine with a spatula or a wooden spoon.
4. Chop the chocolate into big chips then add it to the dough.
5. Chill the dough for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
6. Once the 30 minutes have passed, preheat your oven to 180°C. Roll the dough into 8 even balls and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
7. When the oven is hot, bake the cookies for 5 minutes. then take them take out and hit the baking sheet against a flat surface in order to make the cookies spread evenly. Add them back in the oven and bake for another 5 minutes.
8. After 10 minutes of baking, the cookies will seem a bit soft for don’t worry, they will stiffen after a couple of minutes. Let the cookies cool for about 15 minutes before enjoying.