This recipe can be enjoyed as an appetizer or a side dish.
Ingredients (serves 2)
For the roasted mini carrots :
– 12 mini carrots
– 1 tbsp of honey
– olive oil
– Espelette pepper
– 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
For the feta sauce & toppings :
– 250g of feta cheese
– 4 tbsp of water
– 1 tbsp of olive oil
– 3 tbsp of pine nuts
– Espelette pepper (can be replaced with chili flakes)
1. Preheat your oven to 220°C.
2. Rinse the carrots then add them to a baking dish or a baking tray. Coat them with some olive oil, then drizzle the honey over them. Season with some salt, Espelette pepper and thyme.
3. Roast them in the oven for about 20 mins.
4. In a pan over medium heat (and without any oil), roast the pine nuts for about 2 minutes by stirring constantly. Put them aside in a bowl.
5. Make the feta sauce : in a food blender, mix the crumbled feta cheese, the water and the olive oil for about 3 minutes until you obtain a smooth consistency. Season with a bit of pepper (but do not salt as the feta is already salty).
6. Serve the dish : on each plate, add three tablespoons of the feta sauce, then six mini carrots. Season each dish again with a bit of salt and Espelette pepper and add a final drizzle of honey. Top with a spoonful of roasted pine nuts and some thyme.