– 1 leek
– 1 puff pastry dough (250g) cut into 4 squares
– 2 tbsp. of Dijon mustard
– 4 handfuls of grated Osso Iraty cheese (can also be replaced with comté or gruyère cheese)
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C.
2. Discard the dark green part of the leek for this recipe, but do not throw it away (you can use it in a soup). Cut the leek into two equal pieces, then cut each of them into thin slices (lengthwise). Rinse and pat dry the leek slices, then place them in a bowl and season them with a tbsp of olive oil and a bit of salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
3. Place the dough squares onto a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
4. On each dough, spread some Dijon mustard, leaving about 1 cm of edges on each side. then top with a generous handful of grated cheese and another handful of leek slices (arrange them all in the same direction on the tart).
5. Drizzle a bit of olive oil on each tart, season with salt and pepper then bake for 20-25mins