This panna cotta with strawberry coulis is so easy to make – you just need a bit of patience and wait for them to set ! With only a few ingredients you get the most satisfying dessert.
I love taking the time to make these on a Sunday morning so I can eat them the following week. It’s a great excuse to have the whole kitchen smelling of warm milk and vanilla.
PANNA COTTA & STRAWBERRY COULIS
Ingredients (for 6 jars)
For the panna cotta :
6 gelatine sheets (6g)
1 vanilla pod
20cl of milk
20cl of double cream
60g of granulated sugar
For the strawberry coulis :
A handful of strawberries
The juice of half a lemon
1 tbsp of granulated sugar (or honey)
1. Add the sheets of gelatine to a bowl of cold water and soak for 5 minutes. Cut the vanilla pod lengthwise and scrape the seeds with the back of a knife.
2. Place the milk, cream, vanilla pod, vanilla seeds and sugar into a pan and bring to a simmer.
3. Remove the vanilla pod and discard. Take the gelatine out of the cold water and squeeze out the excess. Remove the milk mixture from heat, add the gelatine sheets and whisk until completely dissolved.
4. Pour the preparation into six jars and let them cool completely (at least an hour) before covering them with lids and placing them into the fridge to set for at least 2 hours.
5. Make the strawberry coulis : rinse and trim strawberries, then cut them into quarters and place them in a medium size bowl. Add the lemon juice and the sugar and mix everything with a stand mixer. Strain the coulis to get rid of the seeds and enjoy with the panna cottas once they are ready to be served.