For the dough :
– 300g of all-purpose flour
– 3 tbsp of granulated sugar
– 2 tbsp of ground cinnamon
– 150g of salted butter cut into cubes (at room temperature)
– 8cl of lukewarm water
For the salted caramel :
– 160g of granulated sugar
– 80g of salted butter
– 20cl of heavy cream
For the galette :
– 3 apples (I recommend using the Pink Lady variety)
– 3 tbsp of almond powder
– 20g of salted melted butter
1. Start by making the dough. In a large bowl, combine the flour, the sugar and the cinnamon. Then add the butter and rub everything in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Gradually add in the water and knead for about 2 minutes until everything comes together in a cohesive ball. Cover the dough and let it chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 200°C and make the salted caramel.
3. Heat the sugar in a pan over medium heat until it turns into a brown amber colour. Once the sugar is caramelised, remove the pan from heat and whisk in the butter until melted and combined. Then reheat the caramel over medium heat and slowly whisk in the cream. Transfer to a bowl and let it cool.
4. Finally, make your galette. Cut your apples in half and then in thin slices (about 2mm thick). Roll out the dough into a large circle (about 3mm thick) on some parchment paper. Coat the center of the dough (leaving about 5cm from the edge) with the salted caramel. Sprinkle the almond powder on top of the caramel and arrange the apples on top. Fold the edges of the dough on the fruits and then gently brush the dough and the apples with the melted butter.
5. Place the galette with its parchment paper in a pan and let it cook in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
6. Serve the galette with a bit more salted caramel on top, because why not.
Salted caramel apple galette