This panna cotta with strawberry coulis is so easy to make – you just need a bit of patience and wait for them to set ! With only a few ingredients you get the most satisfying dessert. I love taking the time to make these on a Sunday morning so I can eat them the following week. It’s a great excuse to have the whole kitchen smelling of warm milk and vanilla.
I made this panna cotta with strawberry coulis but of course you could make this coulis with any type of fruit, depending on the seasons.
PANNA COTTA & STRAWBERRY COULIS
Ingredients (for 6 jars)
For the panna cotta :
- 6 gelatine sheets (6g)
- 1 vanilla pod
- 20cl of milk
- 20cl of double cream
- 60g of white sugar
For the strawberry coulis :
- A handful of strawberries
- The juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp of white sugar
- Add the sheets of gelatine to a bowl of cold water and soak for 5 minutes. Cut the vanilla pod lengthwise and scrape the seeds with the back of a knife.
- Place the milk, cream, vanilla pod, vanilla seeds and sugar into a pan and bring to a simmer.
- Remove the vanilla pod and discard. Take the gelatine out of the cold water and squeeze out the excess, then add to the milk mixture and take off the heat. Whisk until completely dissolved.
- Pour the preparation into six yogurt jars and let them cool completely (at least an hour) before covering them with lids and placing them into the fridge to set for at least 2 hours.
- Make the strawberry coulis : Cut the strawberries into quarters and place them into a medium size bowl. Then add the lemon juice and the sugar and mix everything with a stand mixer. Strain the coulis to get rid of the seeds.