If you’re having some friends and family over this weekend, try making these parmesan and rosemary shortbread crackers. I say shortbread because their texture is deliciously buttery and crumbly. They are also extremely addictive and best enjoyed with a glass of wine.
Hope you enjoy them as much as I do !
PARMESAN & ROSEMARY SHORTBREAD CRACKERS
- 130g of flour
- 100g of softened salted butter
- 100g of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 whole egg + 1 egg yolk for the egg wash
- 1 tsp of cracked pepper
- Grate the parmesan and chop a sprig of rosemary.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, the grated parmesan, the softened butter, the rosemary and the cracked pepper. Rub everything in with your fingertips until the mixture ressembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the egg and knead the dough until it comes together into a cohesive ball.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate it for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 180°C. Roll the dough into a large circle (about 3mm thick). Cut out the shortbreads using a cookie cutter (or a glass). Place them onto a pan with parchment paper and brush them with some egg wash.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Let them cool for about 20 minutes before serving.