Who doesn’t love gazpacho on a hot summer day ?
Here is a recipe with a sweet & salty twist. For the toppings, I added some crumbled feta which pairs deliciously with the sweetness of the watermelon.
Ingredients (serves 4)
For the gazpacho :
- 750g of watermelon flesh
- 220g of tomatoes
- 75g of peeled cucumber
- 1 small piece of soaked rye bread
- 2 spring onions (keep the tops for the toppings)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- salt, pepper
For the toppings :
- 250g of feta cheese
- the leftover spring onion tops
- a dozen mint leaves
- Add to a blender the watermelon flesh, the tomatoes, the cucumber, the piece of bread, the spring onions and lastly the olive oil and the vinegar.
- Mix everything till smooth, then salt and pepper to taste and mix again.
- Chop the spring onion tops and the mint. In a bowl, crumble the feta with your hands.
- Serve the gazpacho in a bowl, add a drizzle of olive oil, some crumbled feta as well as some chopped mint and spring onions.